Informational Text: Butterfly Close Read

This was by far the best "close read" of  informational text we have done so far! It took TIME to do. The first day we read the text and really got into the juicy vocabulary words. The kids loved it, I am still kind of amazed at how focused they stayed. They loved the phrase "eating machines" ( I related it to my son and his college friends!) and they loved the word "emerged". On the second day we re-read, they had their copy of the text and pointed to read along. We reviewed the vocabulary and discussed the facts that we learned from this particular text. The writing they did was great! It was fun hearing them using those juicy words with their partners as they talked about thier facts that they would be writing! I also overheard some of those juicy words being used at the storytelling center for the Butterfly Life Cycle re-tell!








Butterfly Life Cycle Uncovered! Common Core Literacy and Math Activities and Learning Centers




11 comments

  1. Hi Pam,
    Your butterfly unit looks like so much fun! I'm sure your kids had a blast learning about butterflies.

    Debbie
    Crockett's Classroom . . . Forever in Third Grade

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your kiddos did an awesome job with their butterfly writing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun! Their writing is very impressive :) Thanks for the great ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the drawings they did too! Precious!

    Mrs. 3rd Grade 

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It didn't take long before I found myself preferring to read in the evenings using the Kindle. I then discovered myself packing it to take away to the country for a week's break, rather than taking paperbacks.text to speech voices

    ReplyDelete
  7. ive us a chance to acquaint with you 5 Best Text To Speech Programs. Because of the projects of such kind you can be prepared for each vital speech regardless of whether you are voiceless in light of your angina.notevibes

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is my first time visit to your blog and I am very interested in the articles that you serve. Provide enough knowledge for me. Thank you for sharing useful and don't forget, keep sharing useful info: outdoor bird aviary

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Pam,
    I love your pumpkin life cycle!! You were such an amazing teacher, and I love your blog, and of course all that you offer on TPT. Love and miss you sweet friend!! Patty Mack

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Patty! Thanks so much for your sweet comment! YOU are an amazing teacher, I learned so much from you! Love and miss you too! xoxo

      Delete
  10. Believe it or not, it is the type of information I’ve long been trying to find. It matches to my requirements a lot. Thank you for writing this information. realistic human like voices

    ReplyDelete