Organizing Printable Resources

So… you emptied your Teacher's Pay Teacher's Wish List like I did at the big sale, and now you have lots of things printed out and ready to use…. time to organize!!

I have a love / hate relationship with organization. It is NOT my best thing. I REALLY have to work at it.  My success with it seems to be totally dependent on how busy the rest of my life is. I figure once I get really good at it I will be getting ready to retire! Ha!

I know that when I am organized I feel so much better, (and effective!) so I just keep on trying!
There are so many ways to organize all of these great resources to help us get the most out of them,
here are a couple of things that work for me:

• Worksheet type of resources, like for example letter pages or skill practice: I deconstruct the product into separate parts, skills or standards addressed, and file accordingly.  I find it much easier to locate what I need that way.

•Thematic resources: I like to use  Ziploc's Large 3 Gallon Bags for keeping everything together since there are usually lots of small little bits, pieces, anchor charts, books, etc.

•Other resources: Some of them I just like to keep together. For these I use a 1 or 2 inch binder with a clear cover front ( I buy the inexpensive ones at Walmart). I print out the resource, three hole punch and divide with clear index dividers. I have used page protectors for "smalls" that go with the resource after they are laminated and cut apart, but I LOVE Becky Higgins Project Life Small Envelope Pages. (I got mine at Hobby Lobby) They are a great size, very sturdy, close nicely,  and fit into the three ring binder perfectly! This one (pictured) is all ready for the winner of my Facebook Give Away!

•One of the best ways to stay organized is to constantly be purging files of unused items.
 One of the best ways to stay organized is to constantly be purging files of unused items.
 One of the best ways to stay organized is to constantly be purging files of unused items.
Maybe if I keep hearing this, reading this, saying this, then I will actually do this on a consistent basis!
As I said I am not a perfect organizer, but I will keep on working at it!

How about you? What are your little secrets for keeping all of your materials stored and easy to locate?
Leave me a comment and let me know, I  would love to hear!  :o)

( I do not have any affiliation with any of the products listed, just passing on the information!)

1 comment

  1. Thank you for sharing your ideas. I love your close read units. I purchased the Butterfly Lifecycle unit simply because of the close read and I have been completely happy with it.

    ReplyDelete